Friday, September 25, 2015

Should then story of Santa Clause be perpetuated among children?

As a young child I loved the idea of there being another world out there that we were just yet to see. I always planned on meeting Santa Clause and at this age, I still claim I saw the Easter Bunny six years ago at my grandparents house, on Easter Eve. When our kids are young, their brains are still in the mindset of believing in whatever their imagination seems to believe is true. Without imagination, children aren't children anymore. If we teach them about how scary our world is and how cruel it can be, they will essentially loose that mindset. I think that letting kids believe in Santa Clause is a good thing. Although it is a lie, I don't see that there is anything wrong with kids loving the idea of a big, fat guy with a long, white beard, sending them presents once a year. I believe it is a great thing for children to believe in mermaids and fairies, or anything else in their imagination because it gives them a since of hope they don't even know exist yet. Happiness is a crucial part to your childhood, and with the thought and hope that there are amazing things in the world, will not set them up for failure, but set them up for a bright future. By giving children hope, they will spread that to their friends and family helping the world, to become a more hopeful place.  Give your kid the imagination and let them do the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment